Rolls Personal Monitor Systems
Rolls personal monitor systems are a one stop shop for personal monitoring. Their wide range of personal monitor solutions cover every need imaginable.
My personal favorite is the Rolls PM55p Monitor Amp. I carry one of these with me for backup and those occasions when I can’t use my wireless system.
Some of it’s main features are
- Built in switchable Optical Limiter
- XLR Mic In & Pass Through
- Ground lift on XLR signal
- Stereo/Mono 1/4-in Monitor Input
- 3.5mm & 1/4-in Headphone outputs
- Powered by one 9 volt battery or the included PS27s power supply.
- Lots of output level, it’s loud
- Belt clip is included
- Max Input Level: -20 dB XLR, 40 dB monitor. Input Impedance: 600 Ohm Mic, – 22k Ohm Monitor. Output Impedance: 10 Ohms. Gain: 20 dB 1/4-in, 50 dB XLR
- S/N Ratio: 90 db. Limit Threshold: 0 db. Current Draw: 70 Mils Nominal. Max Output Level: 100 Mil Watts @ 16 Ohm. Power: 9 – 15 VDC
This unit is built like a tank and I like the fact that it can run on the provided power adapter or a 9 volt battery.
The PM55P also comes with a built in Optical Limiter to help protect performers from spikes such as a microphone being dropped to save their hearing. This mixer is great is designed for performers who need to monitor their own signal, such as their vocal, with the main monitor mix. Singers love this unit because they can run their microphone through this and then on to the mixer. This allows them to turn themselves without effecting the front mix. it also keeps them from having to ask the person running the mixing board to adjust their level. The second input can be switched to stereo or mono and allows a monitor signal to be run from the board to the unit. Both the monitor channel and the microphone channel have their own volume controls.
The unit has become very popular with drummers who need to mix a click with a monitor signal. And many sound technicians use the PM55P as a quick line tester to troubleshoot audio systems. Operates on either one 9 volt battery or the included PS27s power supply. The PM55P also has an included belt clip.