Westone UM PRO 20 Clear High Performance Dual Driver IEM
The Westone UM Pro 20 is a professional tool packed with features that help you bring down the house every time you get on stage. The dual driver balanced armature design has the range and raw output for any stage condition. Individually hand-crafted in the USA, the UM Pro 20 is comfortable and secure with Up and Over TM cable routing that helps prevent microphonics and keeps your earphone securely in place. Includes 1 Year Free Extended Warranty.
Please Support This Site
We need your support! If you find IEM Reviews helpful to you then we ask you to consider clicking on the Amazon Link we placed here and look at products that match this subject. Any purchase you make through this link helps us defray the cost of running this website.
Thank you – Chris Parker
Westone True-Fit Technology: 50+ years experience with in-ear applications has yielded a low profile, lightweight, universal earpiece which delivers maximum comfort and in-ear coupling for dynamic transfer of sound.
- Balanced Armature: Westone’s balanced armature drivers are significantly more compact and efficient than traditional dynamic drivers. By combining multiple balanced armature drivers with sophisticated crossover networks, Westone monitors provide enhanced sonic detail and frequency range that extends well beyond typical in-ear solutions.
- EPIC Replaceable Cable: Westone’s robust replaceable cable is constructed of bifurcated, high-flex, ultra-low resistance tensile wire, reinforced with a special aramid fiber, and braided for ultimate durability, acoustic transparency, and isolation from mechanical cable noise. The replaceable audiophile connector makes this solution conveniently user-removable and replaceable.
- Designed & Assembled in the USA: Meticulously built by a staff of dedicated artisans and lab techs, Westone’s USA products exhibit a level of craftsmanship that truly embodies America’s rich history of handmade artistry.
Westone UM Pro 20. There is no doubt that the UM Pro series offers users an exceptional listening experience. I was looking forward to reviewing the Westone UM Pro 20 to see how this dual driver earphone compares to other in-ear monitors I’ve tested and how it compares to the other models in the UM Pro line.
I listen primarily to classic rock, country music, and fast driving hip hop songs while I work out. I used the UM Pro 20 earphones with all of these genres and discovered that my favorite songs were brought to life by Westone’s unmistakable construction and sound quality.
Because I used the UM Pro 20s in a variety of settings I feel confident I am able to make thoughtful conclusions about their overall performance. The noise isolating technology allowed me to enjoy my music without becoming distracted by ambient noise while I traveled or worked out. Highlights of the earphones’ performance include:
- I was pleased with the way the UM Pro 20 fit in my ear. It has a low profile, in-canal fit that was comfortable in a variety of settings. The over ear cabling felt secure and prevented the monitor from slipping or sliding.
- I was able to find the perfect fit for my ear’s anatomy with the five pairs of True-Fit foam tips and five pairs of STAR silicone sleeves. I initially assumed the foam tips would give me the best fit but was pleasantly surprised at the seal provided by the silicone tips and the fantastic noise isolation.
- I wish that the UM line included a MFi cable with controls for my iPhone like Westone’s W series. The ability to pause and play music, change the volume, and accept calls on the cord is really handy and I would likely purchase this cable separately for use with the UM Pro 20.
- The braided audio cable was great while I was working out. It has a slightly tight fit over my ear and didn’t slide regardless of the workout’s intensity.
I was excited to hear my favorite songs on the UM Pro 20 earphones. The sound quality was exceptional and the dual drivers provided both depth and clarity.
- I’m not much of a bass head so I appreciated the rich bass that didn’t overwhelm the rest of the sound profile. It was just enough without being overwhelming. I bicycle about 100-120 miles a week and appreciated this bass as I was gearing up the big hills near my house.
- The sound is balanced and provides an accurate representation of the song. I was able to hear the different parts of the music and was pleased with the clarity in the instrumentation. I could hear the individual instruments and the sound never felt muddled or congested.
- The highs were clear and I could hear even the slightest changes in a singer’s tone. The mids were well balanced and in alignment with the highs and bass. Many of the songs I listened to sounded as if I was sitting front row at a concert or next to the artist in the recording studio.
The construction and build quality of the UM Pro 20 is solid and substantial. These earphones seem like they will hold up to repeated use and maintain their quality performance for a long time. I really like the fact that they are American made. Our family tries to buy American as much as possible and I love to support companies and products with a commitment to manufacturing in the United States.
I would recommend the UM Pro 20 earphones to anyone wanting a balanced and clear sound. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in the sound, construction, or performance.
By Jeff B. – Pilot